1. Remember that cutting boards become contaminated by whatever is cut on them. Keep two separate boards, one for cutting meat and poultry and one for cutting fruits and vegetables.
2. Clean the board after each use. Never immerse it in water; instead wash the surface with a damp rag or sponge. Spray the cutting surface well with a weak bleach solution (one teaspoon of bleach to a quart of water). Scatter coarse salt over the damp top and rub vigorously with a sponge or cloth. Rinse completely and dry thoroughly.
3. Oil the cutting board every month or two, or whenever it looks a little dry with a food grade mineral oil. Use food grade mineral oil, not an edible food oil such as vegetable oil or olive oil. Food oils will go rancid and your food will pick up the odor as you chop. Wipe down all surfaces well with the oil, let the board sit overnight, and then use a damp cloth to remove excess oil. You may need to oil every few weeks if you live in a very dry climate.
4. Make sure to keep a smooth cutting surface. Scrubbing with salt will help maintain a smooth cutting surface and wood is a self-healing material that will seal itself after being cut lightly while you chop.
5. If your cutting board becomes heavily damaged by cutting, do not use sandpaper to resurface. Smith Custom Woodworks can resurface your cutting board for nominal fee
1. Our custom cabinetry and vintage doorbell chime cover are built-to-last by and experienced craftsman who takes great care in the selection, placement, and joinery of the wood for the greatest display or beauty and durability.
2. Our custom cabinets are built to fit your exact specifications and needs. This allows you to take advantage of all the available space for your kitchen and bathroom storage needs. So, you will not be left with empty wall space or areas that need unattractive fillers for gaps that cannot be addressed by limited cabinet size choices.
3. Custom cabinetry allows you to personalize the wood selection, color, tone, style to your individual taste and preferences. Further, because they are made to order, all materials are
1. Having pieces made for you by a professional woodworker can really cut costs if you know what you are doing.
2. The products that are made by a professional woodworker have the reputation of lasting longer than those bought at a retail store.
3. You can have the pieces made to your specifications to fit your living space exactly.